Asking her for a date:
• Ask her out in person. Your conversations together is an opportunity for you to discover if both your personalities and ideas are attuned with each other, before you do decide to ask her out for a date.
• When calling through the phone. Don’t forget to mention to her the conversations you had. This will give her the impression that you do listen, making her feel important. Then if you feel that it is time to ask her, go ahead; ask gently, not in a demanding manner.
• Ask when you both are alone. Never ask a girl out on a date in front of others, like her friends. This will either embarrass her, and may say yes or embarrass you, if she says no.
During the date:
• Look good, be neat. Put extra effort to the way you look. Take the time be well groomed, smell nice and choose your clothes well. It must correspond to the place with which your date is set. Make a good impression, so you can charm her and she can be proud of you.
• Do not be late. Prepare for the big day ahead. Make the necessary reservations and planning for your date. If you have planned for it, she will be impressed that you did put some effort on your night together. Be sure that during the “big day” you have no appointments so you won’t be cramming and be on time.
• Be polite. Be sure to make her feel good by complementing the way she looks. And when seated at the table, turn your cell phone off. This will signal to her that you are very much interested in your moment together.
• Say her name. Make it a point to say her name ever so often in your conversations, to make her feel at ease and special.
• Smile. Aside from putting up a positive attitude, your smile is an indication that you are happy to be with her.
• Have a Sense of Humor. Making a woman laugh means you have won half your battle. This means that she is having a nice time and creates a positive atmosphere. This will be an occasion she would remember, because she had fun!
• Be attentive. Listen to what she has to say or is saying, do not interrupt. Let her finish, before you state your opinion and make eye contact.
• Be honest. Let her get to know you by telling her what you do, what interests you, don’t make up stories. If she will not like you for who you are, then she is not worth your time. Show interest in her too, by asking her about her work, hobbies and her likes. Be sensible and honest in initiating such conversations.
• Relax. Do not worry that your date is not having a good time. Go ahead and ask her. Just manage yourself well and enjoy the evening. Keep the conversations open and ask questions. Be sincere.
• Do not pretend. Be yourself. Pretending into somebody that you’re not, will not work in the long run. The truth will always come out sooner or later. It is a rewarding feeling if someone is drawn to you for who you really are.
• Never compare. It will be very unfair of you if you compare your date to your past girlfriend. Keep in mind that she is a totally different person with her own personality. Take the time to discover her; you might be pleased if you do. Comparing won’t get you anywhere. An important thing to remember, do not ever articulate your comparisons with your date, this will surely lead to disaster.
• Never tell your date about your break-up. Keep in mind that you asked her out so you both could have fun together. She is not your therapist, so do not recount your past relationship. Burry the past and move on. Here is a woman in front of you who is interested to know you more. Get to know her too, initiate a conversation that could lead to a common interest.
• Enjoy. Dating should be exciting and relaxing. A woman could sense if you are enjoying or not. Don’t stress yourself trying so hard to make it “The Perfect date” because it won’t be. But you both can enjoy it. After all, you did invite her out because you liked her in the first place. Be spontaneous and have fun.